The experienced UX/UI Designer
How and where do you start? Who should you talk to? What are the business goals? Should I design for mobile? When starting a project, there are so many questions that are presented. Everyone in the UX industry has their own process on how to tackle a project. What is important are the principles executed within the process itself.
Learn about your customers. Identify your key users, their needs and the tasks they perform.
* Listen to stakeholders and gather feedback
* Understand business objectives
* Identify functional requirements
* Create personas and user journeys
* Conduct user research
Brainstorm many possible solutions. Create various prototypes of divergent design solutions, to be tested with these key users.
* Define pain points and opportunities
* Wireframe and sketch (storyboards, case scenarios, user flows)
* Create clickable prototypes
* Usability testing
Modify designs after each round of testing, so that the winning solution is completely validated.
* Validate and collect feedback
* Measure and learn from data gathered
* Continue to optimize designs
* Test and test again!